Saturday 4 March 2017

Do you upgrade?

My computer runs on Microsoft Vista, I have an iPhone 4 and my car was built in 2002. My fridge is 20 years old and my lounge and washing machine had their 16th birthday just recently, hip hooray! My dining table and chairs are from Vinnies as are a few on my comfy chairs in the loungeroom, excluding one chair and that belong to my parents who bought it over 40 years ago. The dress I'm currently wearing I've had for about 7 years, I think the newest piece of clothing I have I bought last year at a factory outlet store. The newest piece of technology I have is my TV and that was given to me by my darling nan when she passed away. I have her nightstand which she got for her 21st birthday in the 1940's and my cutlery set I got for my 21st way back when. All my books are from op shops and my bookcases are from when I first moved out of home over 20 years ago.

Crochet blanket from my nan which is about 50 years old (or more!)

As you can see I'm not into upgrading to the newest and latest and greatest! I'm fine with that. I've never seen the point of upgrading or buying something new when what I have or what was made years ago will do the job just as well (sometimes even better).

I prefer to spend my money on doing things and going places (and chocolate). Over the last 10 years or so I've been very lucky to have gone on a few cruises with family plus little trips here and there around NSW and Qld. Those are the things I'd rather have, moments connecting with people in real life and not through insta or facebook. Making wonderful memories. Something wonderful reminisce and talk about in the years to come. Bringing laughter and smiles. Spending time with people I love. Flicking through photo albums and laughing at the clothes we wore or the funny thing that happened in a restaurant in Queenstown.

This is what my business is about. Making memories for other people and, hopefully, earning enough money to be able to make memories with my family. Currently it's been a tough old struggle but struggle on I will. I've loved running Rainbow Designs and don't plan on giving up without a red hot go first!

So here's to making memories, eat chocolate and enjoying the basics, iPhone 7 not needed.

Jacqui ~ Rainbow Designs boss(y) lady and op shopper from way back.


No comments:

Post a Comment