Thursday 7 July 2016

Hibernating

I feel like I've gone into hibernation, not intentional, well I don't think it is. I've been spending a lot of time in my own company and must admit that I'm a bit over it! This is one of the things that can take a bit to get use to when you work for yourself and don't have staff, as such. I do work with a group of lovely people but not in the face to face kind of way. Pretty much all communication is via email. A benefit of this is it doesn't matter what I'm wearing or how bad a hair day I'm having :-)

Sometimes I just need some 'human' contact so head outside to the shops, generally just Coles, but that's enough. To feel part of the world and the town I live in can just mean walking down the main street, buying a custard tart and sitting in the sun by the river. Most days, I must admit, I just find a nice sunny spot indoors, grab my laptop and work away until I need a coffee or maybe some chocolate - there's always both of these in my place!

It is very easy to become very insulated and block yourself off from the world when you work from home and by yourself but try not to let this happen. It can be very hard to get yourself 'out and about' and you're liable to forget the art of conversation. I can go a week without actually speaking to anyone, all my communication is either online or by text. Sometimes I just have a little old conversation with myself just to make sure my vocal cords still work!!

I do love running my own business but I am very aware that I need to push myself to be involved in the 'real' world otherwise I will turn into a hermit and start talking to my rainbow teddy bears ;-) plus there's the great possibility that I'll find myself in Coles wearing my slippers!!

Do you love your own company or prefer the noise and constant chatter of other people around you?

Jacqui ~ Rainbow Designs head hermit

No comments:

Post a Comment