Friday 22 May 2015

I'm no chef

I'm not really a fan of cooking, I like food and I like eating just not the cooking. I cook the same things pretty much week in week out which is fine be me. I can eat the same thing 3-4 days in a row, it doesn't bother me, the other people in the household - not so much. They like a different meal every day, thank you very much.

My mum's speciality when cooking a roast (I don't do roasts!) - yorkshire puddings! YUM!


My skills of cooking are stirfrys, slow cookers, beef stroganoff, pasta bolognese, curries (cheating by using a ready made jar or paste!) and I've also discovered pizza - from scratch people, from scratch!

Greek yoghurt and self raising flour (or any flour really) - mix together to form a soft dough. Roll out to a pizza shape, one that fits your oven tray - makes it easier! Spread with tomato paste or bbq sauce or pesto or whatever the heck sauce you like, add you favourite toppings and cheese and whack it in the oven for 15-20 minutes (I usually have my oven set at 180 degress, for everything I cook!). Delicious, even if I do say so myself!

Another thing I managed to make from scratch were some savoury muffins, I know I am an Australian Nigella! I just mixed in a bowl some self raising flour, eggs, milk, cheese, bacon, left over chicken, a dollop of mustard some salt and pepper. Mix until it's a thick consistency so it just blobs off the spoon into your muffin pan - put in the oven (180 degs) for about 30-40 minutes or until lovely and brown on top. Serve with butter or marg or plain - whatever takes your fancy.

Something else that's super easy is a slice of bread pushed into a muffin pan, crack an egg into bread, sprinkle with some bacon and bung in the oven (180 degs) for about 10 mins, depending on how well done you want your egg. Great breakfast/brunch for the family or group of people - easy peasy. I like easy peasy!
Eggs in bread cooked in the oven - easy & delicious

Quiche is another easy dish to make, so another go to when I'm stuck for something easy to make for dinner or a picnic lunch. Add some salad and you're done.

Cheese on toast or toasted sandwiches are another winner - even the kids can make these, which they quite often do when they don't likes what's for dinner!

If all else fails - go the frozen pizza. We prefer Dr Oetker - Ristorante

I also like making meals that don't make too much mess or use to many pots and pans - less washing up!

I'm a wizz at Indian Curries!


So dear Rainbow Designers, what are your go to meals? Are you a Jamie Oliver or more a Pataks and Maggi kinda cook?

This was one of my nan's 'go to' meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment