Monday 18 November 2013

Let The Christmas Baking Begin

I confess I am not much of a baker (hmm that might well be an understatement!) but I do love the look of all the yummy recipes which are appearing on my Facebook feed at the moment.  So much so, I might even attempt one or two of them over the Christmas holidays.

I recently posted this Easy Santa Claus Cupcake recipe on our page and it looks like it would be so much fun to make, and a great one to share with the kids.  M&Ms, chocolate chips, coconut, sprinkles and frosting are required to turn the cupcake into Santa.

I also love the look of these Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies which will easily make use of the spare chocolate chips and M&Ms you have leftover from the cupcake recipe

These are made using a peanut butter cookie recipe although this can be adapted if necessary.

And for those who may be baking-challenged like me, these dip sticks look very festive, although in reality you can dip anything from pretzel sticks, mini pretzels, Oreos, wafer cookies, sugar cookies, shortbread or biscotti.  A delicious treat with no baking required.

If however baking is not really for you, then I would recommend popping a tin or two of our delicious fudge on the table as an alternative and watch it disappear.

Fudge seems to be a favourite in every household I come across and these beautiful tins can be used over and over again.  And there is something for everyone - vanilla fudge, chocolate fudge and the ever so delicious rum and raisin.

What are you looking forward to baking or making this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment