- Decide exactly what you want in life in each area, and write it down. Make your goals clear, specific and measurable.
- Specify the most important skill you could develop to move you into the top 10 percent of people in your field. Then do something immediately to begin developing that skill.
- Identify the major constraint or limiting factor inside yourself or in your world that is setting the speed at which you achieve your most important goal, and begin working on removing that constraint today.
- Determine your single biggest problem or obstacle in your business or personal life. Then focus all your time and attention on the possible solutions.
- Make a list of what you would want to be, do and have if you had no limitations and you were absolutely guaranteed success.
- Accept complete responsibility for your life. From this day forward, refuse to make excuses or blame anyone for anything. Instead, take action to make your goals a reality.
- Reaffirm and visualise your goals of financial success, excellent health and personal happiness as a reality. Remember, the person you see is the person you will be.
From: The Way to Wealth, Part I: The Journey Begins–Success Strategies of the Wealthy Entrepreneur by Brian Tracy (Entrepreneur Press)
Well for me number 6 is a biggy - “Accept Responsibility” - all too often people blame someone or something else (me included) but I’ve realised that it is up to me and me alone to decide on how I will react to things. My life is in my hands, no one elses, so I need to start accepting responsilibity for everything I do and for everything that happens in MY life. I need to stop looking out and starting looking in. I need to stop envying others and start recognising my achievements. I need to stop living by other peoples ideals and start living by mine. I need to stop focussing on what I don’t have and start looking at what I do have. I need to be ME and stop trying to be who I think other people expect me to be. I need to stop dwelling on the negative and look at all the positives. I need to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for MY life.
I have a great business, I have a gorgeous little house, I have a loving family, I have a sexy car, I have great potential, I have a caring nature, I am healthy, I am happy, I can cook and I can SMILE.